Ethics for the Health & Safety Professional
The BCRSP has previously awarded CPD points for this event. The current course contains 2.0 technical hours and may be eligible for BCRSP CPD points. See the BCRSP web site at www.bcrsp.ca for CPD point criteria.
This course is designed to give the Health & Safety Professional the fundamental knowledge around ethics and a framework for how to make decisions while considering ethical approaches.
- Analyze the purpose of professional ethics as it applies to the health & safety professional
- Understand the relationship between psychological health & safety and professional ethics
- Be able to describe and apply the expectations outlined in a professional code of ethics
- Identify and analyze ethical challenges according to a professional code of ethics
- Recognise when disclosure and whistleblowing may be appropriate and take action in an ethical manner
- Raise awareness regarding professional conduct and disciplinary process related to a code of ethics
- This course has 2 practical exercises and individual feedback on the exercises will be provided.
- This course has a 10 question question quiz (multiple choice & True/False). Passing mark is 80%
Specific Learning Needs / Accommodations
- If you have any specific learning needs and/or accommodations please contact us via the contact page.
- Participants will have access to the course for 180 days. If more time is needed for course completion please contact us to extend course access.